The Port of Cork plays a central role for local communities and businesses keeping Ireland connected as part of global supply chains. The Port Masterplan 2050 is adapting to a shifting landscape in port operations and planning its development as a key global port of the future. The port is on a journey towards consolidating its activities to the lower harbour area away from Cork City, due to ever-increasing ship vessel sizes, and creating a “river to sea port”.
Topics will include:
- balancing the development of construction facilities and logistics infrastructure with environmental concerns
- consideration of the maritime, landside and transport connectivity constraints and opportunities
- projected market growth in the current commodities served by the port
- developing opportunities in future cargoes such as offshore wind and green energy fuels
- how digitalisation of port services and operations will boost efficiency and sustainability in the port